The Men of 1824 is an exclusive group of undergraduate brothers and recent Alumni who share a long-term vision and commitment to Chi Phi. Membership is reserved for undergraduates and Alumni who graduated during the last five years. Through their gifts of $25 or more, these undergraduate and young Alumni leaders make a statement to the world that they believe in the future of Chi Phi and are willing to contribute to make that future bright.
The purpose of the Men of 1824 Advisory Council is to promote the Men of 1824 program and serve in an advisory capacity to the Chi Phi Educational Trust on matters pertaining to the Men of 1824. The Advisory Council shall in no way have the authority to bind the Trust, set policy or make other management decisions. Any decision or recommendation of the Advisory Council shall be advisory in nature and subject to review and approval by the Trust.
To serve as a member of the Men of 1824 Advisory Council, individuals are expected to:
- Qualify for membership in the Men of 1824 by making a personal financial commitment of at least $25 per year to either the Chi Phi Educational Trust or Chi Phi Fraternity,
- Qualify for membership by being an undergraduate or an alumnus who has graduated during the last five years,
- Act as public supporters, advocates and ambassadors for the Men of 1824,
- Agree to be publicly listed as a member of the Men of 1824 Advisory Council on Trust and Fraternity marketing and solicitation materials,
- Help identify and encourage other individuals to make a Men of 1824 level commitment,
- Recruit and solicit at least five (5) individuals to join the Men of 1824 by making a minimum financial commitment of $25 per year
- Advise the Trust on solicitation strategies and stewardship opportunities to enhance the Men of 1824 and camaraderie among undergraduate and young alumni supporters
Advisory Council members serve one year terms from July 1 through June 30 each year. Council members may serve consecutive terms so long as they meet the minimum expectations and requirements outlined above.
If you are interested in serving on this Advisory Council, please contact Laura Landry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.231.1824.