The MacLean Legacy Society recognizes those generous Alumni and friends who have made Chi Phi the beneficiary of a planned or estate gift. These loyal supporters are helping Chi Phi build better men, Chapters and better communities, now and for generations to come. These individuals belong to the most exclusive of Chi Phi affiliations as they have projected their love for Chi Phi and its mission beyond the horizon of their own mortality.
The purpose of the MacLean Legacy Society Advisory Council is to encourage other individuals to make Chi Phi, the Chi Phi Educational Trust or a Chi Phi Chapter the beneficiary of a planned gift through an individual’s will, trust or other estate planning vehicle. In addition, the Council serves in an advisory capacity to the Chi Phi Educational Trust on matters pertaining to the MacLean Legacy Society and Chi Phi’s planned giving programs.
To serve as a member of the MacLean Legacy Society, individuals are expected to:
- Act as public supporters, advocates and ambassadors for the MacLean Legacy Society,
- Agree to be publicly listed as a member of the MacLean Legacy Society Advisory Council on marketing and solicitation materials,
- Help identify and encourage other individuals to join the MacLean Legacy Society by making a planned or estate gift,
- Advise the Trust on solicitation strategies and stewardship opportunities to enhance the MacLean Legacy Society and camaraderie among supporters at this level, and
- Participate in no more than two online meetings and conference calls per year.
Advisory Council members serve three year terms from July 1 through June 30 each year. Council members may serve consecutive terms so long as they meet the minimum expectations and requirements outlined above.
If you are interested in serving on this Advisory Council, please contact Director of Development, John Fisher at 404.231.1824 or email@example.com.