Our $10 million Changing Lives Campaign has now raised more than $6.1 million to support Chi Phi students, Chapters and programs. Our effort is ahead of schedule thanks to the extraordinary support and generosity we continue to receive from loyal Alumni, parents, undergraduates and friends.
Since the public launch of the campaign at the 146th Chi Phi Congress in June (less than five months ago), we’ve made great strides. A few of the significant activities include:
- Jim Wimberly, Eta 1965, increased his gift to the Eta CEF by nearly $500,000.
- Theo “Toby” Bean, Jr., Eta 1975, made a $200,000 gift to the Eta CEF.
- The Gladfelter Circle has welcomed six new members who have each pledged to contribute $2,000 per year for the next five years. These new members include: Michael Beall, Alpha 1976; Larry Green, Sigma Delta 1972; Denman McNear, Beta 1948; Bob Mizell, Alpha 1978; Josh Price, Epsilon Delta 1998 and Cory Thomas, Mu Delta 1986.
- Fifty-four (54) new undergraduates have joined the Men of 1824 led by strong showings at the following Chapters: Eta Theta, Theta Theta and Tau Zeta.
- Our first two mailings for The Chi Phi Fund (our annual appeal) have brought in more than $36,000 from dozens of donors.
We remain committed to enhancing and endowing the Chi Phi programs that create academic success, build better men, promote Chapter excellence and preserve our distinction and heritage as the oldest gentleman’s social fraternity in America.
There’s certainly more work to do, but we’re very optimistic about the future.